Monday, February 09, 2004

GRAMZ, PART 2

A few thoughts on the Grammy Awards, the show I don't give too much credibility to (Jethro Tull over Metallica??????!??????)

David, the Best New Artist Award is usually a curse. Sheryl Crow hasn't been hit by it, but others have. Trust me, Evanescence will be done within 2 years. The Amy Lee solo career has already started. Hell, after guitarist Ben Moody left, I couldn't recognize anybody in that band other than Lee.

Since I'm in Arkansas, I can't say I was shocked to see the local news stations have big stories on Evanescence. But let's be honest here. Amy Lee's persona is an act. You can't be THAT tormented and go to Pulaski Academy, a private school in Little Rock. PA is the O'Dea of Arkansas (O'Dea is a private school in Seattle BTW).

On to "talented" groups...

There is justice in the world. Outkast won three awards, including the biggest one, Album of the Year. "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" is one of the few rap/hip-hop albums I own, and it is outstanding. Now that the group has won a Grammy for it, I'm sure the record stores will have "SB/LB" on sale this week, so go get it.

Foo Fighters won Best Rock Album. Good fricking deal there.

That's pretty much it on the Grammys for me. The show didn't run over this year, so that's always a good thing.

Later today, I'll have a review on the new Incubus album, "A Crow Left of the Murder". It's an early candidate for Best Rock Album next year, so if that's any indication, I guess that means I really like this album. So stay tuned later today for the review...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home