Friday, February 06, 2004

THE DARKNESS

They're up and coming, and before you know it, they will be big. Scary big. Just watch.

"They" are The Darkness

The Darkness are from England, and they are currently trying to conquer America with their over-the-top sound. I first heard their current single, "I Believe In A Thing Called Love", late last week, and I'll be damned, they sound really, really good. If anything, you must respect the high notes of lead singer Justin Hawkins. When I listen to music, the two things that I love the most are high notes and guitar riffs. Well, The Darkness can claim both of those things, therefore I like them. It's more than that, however. Unlike most of today's new crap bands, The Darkness have talent. Lots of it. It's early, but I'm already calling The Darkness the best new band of 2004. They are that good.

Their album, "Permission To Land", is in stores right now. 10 tracks, including the above-mentioned "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" and "Growing On Me".

And if you can't go out and get the album right now, check out The Darkness' page at LAUNCH (Yahoo ID required). They're the "Emerging Artist of the Month". Videos, Interviews, Audio Tracks, Pics...some good stuff there. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home