Monday, October 06, 2003

MY NEW FAVORITE MUSIC SITE ON THE WEB

Rock On The Net

When I'm bored as hell, like I am today, I like to do out of the ordinary web searches. Today's web search? The underrated Toad The Wet Sprocket. Their hits included "All I Want", "Walk On The Ocean", "Fall Down", and my favorite, "Something's Always Wrong". Clicking on one of the search results leads to Rock On The Net.

Rock On The Net has a lot of cool features, including the ARC Top 40 archives from past years. The #1 hit on the ARC Top 40 charts 12 years ago this week (1991)? Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch's "Good Vibrations". It was #1 on the ARC Top 40 for two weeks in the fall of 1991. This was before the onslaught of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous", which was released soon after "Good Vibrations" hit #1.

19 years ago today (1984), The Cars "Drive" was the ARC #1 hit, with the late great Cars bassist Benjamin Orr on vocals. It's no coincidence that The Cars best songs ("Drive" and "Just What I Needed") featured Orr on lead vocals.

Rock On The Net, kids. God Bless The Freaking Internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home